Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp. quick mixing flour
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme,divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic pepper
- 4 x 4oz. cod fillets
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, halved
- 1/3 cup dried apricot halves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers (optional)
- 2 tsp. orange zest(freshly grated)
- In a shallow dish combine flour, 1/2 tsp. of the thyme, and garlic pepper. Place 1 fillet in flour; turn to coat both sides, shaking off excess.Repeat with remaining fillets. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk remaining flour mixture into broth;set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 1 minute. Push onion to pan edges; add fillets. Cook 2 minutes; turn fillets. Add olives, apricots and (if desired) the roasted red peppers. Whisk the reserved broth mixture and add to the skillet; add remaining 1/4 teaspoon thyme.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer fillets to a serving platter. Add orange zest to skillet, and add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over fillets and serve.
**Suggested sides – couscous / steamed rice, lightly steamed greens/green vegetables.
Enjoy a little journey with your tastebuds this summer season and who knows…
maybe you might be looking to take a journey to the destination for the inspiration!